The sun-kissed sparkling waters, pristine coarse- pebble beaches, sun-bathing tourists, open-street cafes and colourful buildings of Nice surely took my heart away.
We took a flight from Paris to reach Nice. The drive from the airport to our hotel was absolutely breathtaking!
*Located on the Mediterranean coast Southeastern France(known as French Riviera or Côte d’Azur) .
*The second-most visited tourist destination in France(after Paris)
*Cannes, Saint -Topez, Monaco, Menton are the beautiful places which form a part of the French Riviera.
*The long pavement in Nice which starts from the airport and ends at the castle is called Promenade de anglais.
*Many artists have found their inspiration in this beautiful city!
- It has coarse-pebble beaches. Be prepared! The good part is that you don’t come home with the mess of all the sand stuck all over you. 😉
- If you really crave the sand beaches, you can head on to Ville Franche(about an hour from Nice).
- Hire a cycle or take a walk along the Promenade de anglais and the colourful streets of Nice. It is an incredible experience!
- If you can splurge, spend a little extra and take the room with the beach view.
- Eat in the open cafes of France( The must-do-when-in-France ritual).
- Cannes and Monaco are a bus ride away from Nice. You also get taxis directly to these cities from the Nice airport.
- Do visit Monaco for the F1 race track and Cannes is for all the glamour struck people who have fantacized the city for the famous Cannes film festival!